Blog Post #6 – Engaging your PLN

How would you create a PLN prior to engaging in a social media campaign on a topic of your choice?

Before I choose to join a topic on social media, I will

1. find a topic that I’m interested in
  2. look for someone else who is interested in the same thing
  3. get educated on this subject beforehand
  4. select the appropriate social media platform
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

This week’s reading by Woods (2013) offers some fresh perspectives and suggestions for how to develop our PLN.

Know that all PLNs are different

Our PLN is similar to a personal calling card, displaying the distinct self. Everyone has a different background, preferences, and personalities, which makes the PLN unique.

Ask and listen

By communicating with those in our lives frequently, we can develop PLNS. After inquiring about people’s background and passions, pay attention to what they say. I also share information about my own work, personal life, and hobbies to pique people’s interest.

Leverage technology

Social media has narrowed the distance between people. We can now connect with more people who share our interests globally thanks to technology. To share knowledge and ideas, we use apps, email, videos, blogs, and other platforms.

Try out Twitter

Photo by Ravi Sharma on Unsplash

Twitter can be used to share information and opinions, participate in discussions and debates, and even find solutions to problems. On Twitter, I follow people who I know and who I find interesting. I tweet about my daily activities and interesting content that I find. I will also comment on interesting tweets that are posted by the people I follow.

Look outside of L&D

People who work in fields unrelated to our own can teach us a lot. I’ll do my best to use my skills and knowledge in the PLN to assist others, because people are more willing to assist me if I contribute more.

Woods, B. (2013, November). Building Your Own PLN: seeking new insights and ideas? Expand your personal learning network. American Society for Training and Development.

← Previous Post

Next Post →

1. Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good. https://accounts.binance.com/cs/register?ref=S5H7X3LP

2. Bwer Company is a top supplier of weighbridge truck scales in Iraq, providing a complete range of solutions for accurate vehicle load measurement. Their services cover every aspect of truck scales, from truck scale installation and maintenance to calibration and repair. Bwer Company offers commercial truck scales, industrial truck scales, and axle weighbridge systems, tailored to meet the demands of heavy-duty applications. Bwer Company’s electronic truck scales and digital truck scales incorporate advanced technology, ensuring precise and reliable measurements. Their heavy-duty truck scales are engineered for rugged environments, making them suitable for industries such as logistics, agriculture, and construction. Whether you’re looking for truck scales for sale, rental, or lease, Bwer Company provides flexible options to match your needs, including truck scale parts, accessories, and software for enhanced performance. As trusted truck scale manufacturers, Bwer Company offers certified truck scale calibration services, ensuring compliance with industry standards. Their services include truck scale inspection, certification, and repair services, supporting the long-term reliability of your truck scale systems. With a team of experts, Bwer Company ensures seamless truck scale installation and maintenance, keeping your operations running smoothly. For more information on truck scale prices, installation costs, or to learn about their range of weighbridge truck scales and other products, visit Bwer Company’s website at bwerpipes.com.