Blog Post #7 – Community Engagement & Your PLN

Photo by George Pagan III on Unsplash

How does social media engage communications?

With the help of the most well-known and effective social networks, such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, we can make friends at school, look for jobs once we graduate, or create our own online brands. Engagement on social media can aid in account growth and connection development with our various audiences.

How does social media challenge communications?

Social media differs from conventional methods of communication. Social media demands that we create a distinctive and exceptional PLN in order to draw viewers. We cannot simply transmit facts to an audience. Furthermore, a variety of messages can be found on social media, most of which are encouraging or instructive but a small number of which are offensive or derogatory. The viewers must learn to recognize distinct types of information.

How to better use social media to build PLN – Influencers & Commentators

Influencers and commenters typically have strong interactions and a large following on social media platforms. When consumers interact with the information, the algorithm recognizes it as interesting and valuable and surfaces it to other users. Many of the most powerful online influencers are involved in some form of social campaigning. Influencers should cultivate an authentic and positive PLN while also drawing attention to and raising awareness for critical topics.

What are the benefits of a diverse and inclusive PLN in social media sharing that understands where you are coming from with messaging that impacts the community?

In social media sharing, I believe a diverse and inclusive PLN is essential. Participants in social networks might be from any country in the globe, of many ethnicities and beliefs. Diversity enables more people from various backgrounds to have a voice in various groups. People’s voices can be heard and welcomed when they are inclusive. Our guest speaker, Markiel Simpson, also highlights the importance of networking with a diverse range of people in our PLN. Each of us has our own community, and our PLNS are continually being updated, upgraded, and improved across social networks.

← Previous Post

Next Post →

1. Thank you for your sharing. I am worried that I lack creative ideas. It is your article that makes me full of hope. Thank you. But, I have a question, can you help me?

2. I don’t think the title of your article matches the content lol. Just kidding, mainly because I had some doubts after reading the article.